When it comes to storing your belongings in a storage unit, there are certain items that require special attention. Two of the most common items people store in their storage units are photos and books. Here's what you need to know about storing these items to ensure they remain in good condition.
- Choose the Right Containers: When storing your photos, it's important to choose the right containers. Use acid-free and lignin-free archival boxes or albums, which are specially designed to protect your photos from fading, discoloration, and deterioration.
- Climate Control: Keep your storage unit at a moderate temperature and humidity level to prevent moisture damage to your photos. A climate-controlled storage unit can help ensure that your photos remain in good condition.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: Exposure to direct sunlight can cause your photos to fade or discolor. Store your photos in a place where they won't be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Use Proper Boxes: When storing your books, it's important to use sturdy boxes that can hold the weight of your books. Use acid-free and lignin-free archival boxes that are specially designed to protect your books from damage.
- Avoid High Humidity: High humidity can cause your books to warp, mold, or mildew. Store your books in a climate-controlled storage unit to prevent moisture damage.
- Keep Them Upright: Store your books upright and avoid stacking them too high. This will help prevent the spines from becoming damaged or warped.
In general, it's important to take extra care when storing items that are sensitive to environmental conditions, like photos and books. By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that your photos and books remain in good condition while they are in storage.
Sick of your extra stuff taking up your space? Rent your very own storage unit at AA Personal Storage in Parowan UT by signing up hassle free online at AAPersonalStorage.com or call 435-447-4777 and get your 3rd MONTH FREE.